Events Coming Next Week
PS 183 Safety/Procedure Announcements
- All families MUST fill out a Federal Lunch Application Form! You can pick up a hard copy from Sonia Gonzalez Cruz in the Main Office or better yet, go online!!
Visit this link. Look for quick links on the right hand side. Click on “Student Meals”. Click on the far right circle: “Complete this Form to Support School Funding”. Follow the prompts and you will receive a confirmation from School Food that your application was submitted. If you do not know your child’s OSIS Number, which you will need to complete the form, please call 212-734-7719 anyone in the Main Office can help you.
- Please note that no students or parents are allowed back into the building once dismissed from school or after school to retrieve forgotten items. It is a safety issue, after schools are operating and 183 is still an active construction site.
- PS 183 hosts a terrific Halloween Party on Friday, October 27th where students can wear costumes (not too scary and no weapons), enjoy pizza, games, frozen yogurt, a DJ and much more. However, it is PS 183’s policy that students DO NOT wear costumes during the day at school.
- It is very enticing to play on the playground equipment when picking up from afterschool but please do not! We are an active construction site and it is a safety issue!
PTA Updates/School Updates
- Calling all new families!!! If you are a new family to 183 and you are interested in serving on the Executive Board, then we want you! If you are interested in serving, please reach out to Deb Altomonte, Nikki Barker or Lisa Zakhari at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ronald McDonald Fun Run – PS 183 is participating in the Ronald McDonald Fun Run to be held on Saturday, November 11th. Participation packets can be picked up from Mr. P or in the Main Office.
- Calling all vampires, ghosts, witches, mummies and princesses, Jedi Knights, sports stars, Darth Vaders and superheroes, the biggest party of the year will be here on Friday, October 27th 6:30 pm -8:30 pm. Tickets are on sale on the school’s website until October 25th for $12 a ticket or $40 for family 4-pack. After that, they will be available in the yard at drop-off and pick-up on October 26th and 27th. Please note if you wait to purchase tickets at the gate the night of, tickets will be $15 each.
Department of Education Updates
- For families with children in Pre-K – 2nd Grade. If you are interested in your child sitting for the Gifted & Talented exam, you can pick up a booklet from the main office or go online. Request for Testing Forms are due online or in the Main Office no later than Monday, November 13th. Please note, PS 183 does not have a Gifted & Talented Program, if offered a seat, your child will be attending a different school.
- Achieve NYC. If you would like a copy of Achieve NYC, A Complete Guide to New York City Public Schools, copies can be found on the bookshelf opposite School Safety on the second floor.
- For Families with students in Pre-K, please note that you will have to apply for Kindergarten online through the Department of Education website. The system is set to go live on Tuesday, November 28th.