Events Coming This Week
- Friday, May 18th – PS 183 School-wide Boosterthon Fun Run
An Important Reminder from our School Nurse, DianaAlong with the warmer temperatures and the blooming flowers and trees come annoying allergies! Many students are missing valuable classroom time complaining of red, swollen and itchy eyes. Please be aware that she is limited with what she can do for allergy symptom relief. She is not authorized to treat with any eye drops or medications unless she has written permission from the parent as well as your child’s doctor. Children who benefit from oral and/or eye drop allergy medications should use these before and after school hours during the allergy season.
- If you are interested in becoming a member of the PTA Executive Board, please reach out to the PS 183 Nominating Committee, Michele Kaufman, Mara Yentis, Kaori Bell and Jackie Racer. The PTA Executive Board works on raising funds throughout the year through various initiatives such as the auction, Family Giving Fund, Book Fair, etc. They also create the budget for the following school year working with administration to fund programs that are important to our school such as National Dance Institute, chess, professional development for teachers, classroom assistants and so much more! The Executive Board also arranges community service projects that our students participate in and works on community building events. Members of the Executive Board are expected to head up at least one project during the school year. Elections are Wednesday, May 23rd 8:30 am!!!
- If you are interested in serving on the School Leadership Team, please contact the PTA Co-Presidents, Patty Brahe, Joslin Paradise, or Lisa Zakhari. The School Leadership Team works closely with administration to plan projects such as Escape the Room, World Writer’s and Mathematician’s Day, the new science lab project and to update the Comprehensive Education Plan. Elections are Wednesday, May 23rd 8:30 am!!!
- PS 183 Music Benefit Concert Monday, May 21st 6:00 pm in the auditorium. Join us for a special evening of brass and blues with the talented Mr. D and friends. All are accomplished musicians who have studied at the finest conservatories including Julliard, Eastman and the Manhattan School of Music. Additionally, Claudia Pulster will be hosting a bake sale in the auditorium. All donations collected that night benefit the PS 183 Music Department!!!
- The PS 183 Carnival at Victorian Gardens is just around the corner. You will be able to purchase tickets online very soon through the PS 183 website prior to the event. Please note that tickets will be available to purchase at the door the night of the event, but it is CASH ONLY at that time.