Events Coming This Week
- Tuesday, April 24th – Gali Theater Presentation K – 2nd Grade
- Wednesday, April 25th – Greenkill Parent/Guardian/Child Meeting 8:30 am Auditorium
- Thursday, April 26th – PTA Meeting 8:30 am Cafeteria
PTA Updates/School Updates
- For Fifth Grade Families – Middle School appeal letters are due by the end of the school day to LuAnn Propper in the Main Office by Thursday, April 26th.
- Please help our School Secretary, Valerie Jenkins as we get nearer to the end of the school year! If your plans have changed and you are now moving out of the city or you found out your family is staying, please e-mail email@example.com and let her know. It makes setting up classes for the upcoming school year easier if we have accurate numbers.
- If you are interested in becoming a member of the PTA Executive Board, please reach out to the PS 183 Nominating Committee, Michele Kaufman, Mara Yentis, Kaori Bell and Jackie Racer. The PTA Executive Board works on raising funds throughout the year through various initiatives such as the auction, Family Giving Fund, Book Fair, etc. They also create the budget for the following school year working with administration to fund programs that are important to our school such as National Dance Institute, chess, professional development for teachers, classroom assistants and so much more! The Executive Board also arranges community service projects that our students participate in and works on community building events. Members of the Executive Board are expected to head up at least one project during the school year.
- If you are interested in serving on the School Leadership Team, please contact the PTA Co-Presidents, Patty Brahe, Joslin Paradise, or Lisa Zakhari. The School Leadership Team works closely with administration to plan projects such as Escape the Room, World Writer’s and Mathematician’s Day, the new science lab project and to update the Comprehensive Education Plan.
Department of Education Updates
- The 2018/2019 School Calendar has been published and can be found on the Department of Education website. The calendar lists the start date for the 2018/2019 school year, Parent/Teacher Conference dates, June Planning/Clerical days as well as all holidays.