Events Coming This Week
- Monday, December 4th – 5th Grade Interview Skills Workshop, 6:00 pm Auditorium
- Friday, December 8th – Executive Board Meeting, 8:30 am Auditorium
PS 183 Safety/Procedure Announcements
- *****When children are sick and need to be picked up from school, you or the adult who is signing your child out of the building must present ID to School Safety to sign into the building and then must sign the child out of the Early Dismissal Book in the Main Office. This helps us maintain accurate records when children are picked up from the nurse.*****
- In order to maintain accurate attendance records, parents must send in copies of their travel itinerary or doctors’ notes. This can be done either by delivering a hard copy to the Main Office or clicking here.
- Do not give medication to anyone other than the School Nurse, Diana Riordan who will need a form completed by a doctor prior to any administration of the medication.
PTA Updates/School Updates
- Fall track practice has ended. On December 4th indoor track practice will begin for 5th grade students only! 3rd and 4th graders will be able to sleep in until early Spring!
Department of Education Updates
- For Families with students currently in Pre-K, please note that you will have to apply for a Kindergarten seat at PS 183 online through the Department of Education website. The system is set to go live on Tuesday, November 28th. The deadline to apply is Friday, January 12th.
- For families of students who will be eligible for Pre-K in Fall 2018, you can apply online starting on Monday, February 5th.
- Bring the gift of a toy, game or book for a needy youngster, newborn to 11 years of age unwrapped and in its original packaging and enjoy an authentic Victorian caroling experience courtesy of the East Side Neighborhood Association at TD Bank on the corner of 67Street and First Avenue on Thursday, December 14th at 6:00 pm. Your gift will be delivered by ESNA to Ambulatory Pediatrics of NY-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medicine on East 68th Street.
Events Coming Week of December 11th:
- Monday, December 11th – Science Fair Orientation Meeting, 8:30 am 2nd Fl. Science Room