Dear prospective 183 families –
Kindergarten offers will be available to families in late April through your Myschools Account. You will be able to accept or decline your offer in that account until late June but the sooner you let us know the easier our planning will be.. If you accept, you will receive instructions regarding next steps in the registration process soon.
If you have questions, please do not call PS 183, instead reach out to us via the emails below since all of us are working remotely.
Pre-K information will be posted at a later date.
Gifted and Talented offers have been sent to families as well. Students receiving qualifying scores will be eligible to submit applications to the Gifted and Talented program until Wednesday, May 13th.
School Secretary, Valerie Jenkins firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Coordinator, LuAnn Propper Lpropper@schools.nyc.gov
You will need to bring the following:
The child that you are registering
Proof of your child’s age (child’s birth certificate, passport, or record of baptism)
Two of the documents below verifying proof of address:
- Lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison); must be dated within the past 60 days
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor, indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- A water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days
- Rent receipt which includes the address of residence; must be dated within the past 60 days
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence
- Income tax form for the last calendar year
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, which has not expired
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a paystub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes, or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence
- Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; documents must have been issued within the past 60 days and include name of student and address of residence
Have a happy Summer, the first day of school is Thursday, September 21th!!!